Works published, in press or accepted in English
- "Public Personnel Management in Latin America", in Guy Peters and Carlos Alba (cords.), Handbook of Public Administration and Civil Service in Latin America. Routledge (in press).
- Presidents’ Strategic Action and Policy Change in Mexico: A Comparison of the Hydrocarbon Policy Reforms of Enrique Peña and Felipe Calderon, Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis: Research and Practice, 2017
- “Policy Analysis and Bureucratic Capacity” (co-author with Mauricio Dussauge), in Marleen Brans, Iris Geva-May and Michael Howlett (eds.), Routledge Handbook of Comparative Policy Analysis. Routledge, 2017
- Policy Analysis in Mexico (coeditor with Mauricio Dussauge). Bristol, The Policy Press, 2017.
- “Public policy analysis as a field of studies in Mexico”, in Jose Luis Mendez y Mauricio Dussauge (eds.), Policy Analysis in Mexico, Bristol, The Policy Press, 2017.
- "Toward More Balanced Approaches in the Reform of the State", in Jorge I. Dominguez y Anthony Jones (eds.), The Construction of Democracy. Lessons from Practice & Research. Baltimore, The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2007. pp. 123-147.
- "Implementing Developed Countries Administrative Reforms in Developing Countries: The Case of Mexico", in Jon Pierre and Patricia Ingraham (eds.), Public Sector Administrative Reform and the Challenges of Effective Change. Ottawa. McGill University Press, 2010.
- "Mexican U.S. Border Bureaucracies and intergovernmental Relations" (coauthor con Lawrence Graham), in John Bailey (Coordinator), U.S. Mexican Economic Integration: NAFTA at the Grassroots. University of Texas at Austin. Austin, Texas, 2001
- "Civil Organizations in Mexico: Recent Evolution and Prospects", in Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations, vol. 10, num. 1., 1999. pp. 93-99
- "Mexico Under Salinas: Towards a New Record for One Party Domination?", in Governance, vol. 7, num. 2., 1994. pp. 182-207.
- "The Latin American Administrative Tradition", in Jay M. Shafritz (editor), International Encyclopedia of Public Administration. Boulder. Colorado. Westview Press, 1997. pp. 1254-1261.
- "The challenges Facing Public Administration in a changing World" (editor of special number) International Journal of Public Administration, vol. 19. 1996.
Recent Papers presented in English
- "Poverty Alleviation in Mexico: Solidarity to Prospera. Policy Design & Results ", American Political Science Association (APSA)", Philadelphia, PA, September 2016.
- "Public personnel management in Latin America. Scope and limit of a modern professional service ", IPSA World Congress of Political Science, IPSA, Poznan, June, 2016.
- “Public policy as field of studies in Mexico”, 2nd International Conference on Public Policy, International Public Policy Association, Milan, 2015.
- "Presidential Leadership and Policy Change: Some Evidence from Latin America", International Congress of the International Association of Political Science, Montreal, July, 2014.
- "Presidential Leadership in Mexico and Brazil, Revisiting the importance of strategic action in politics", International Congress of the International Association of Political Science, Madrid, July, 2012.